Previously known as the Central Church Fund, the Church and Community Fund (CCF) gives grants to community projects run by parish churches, deaneries, dioceses and other bodies connected to, or working in partnership with, the Church of England.
The CCF is under the trusteeship of the Archbishops' Council and operates to support charitable projects that "promote, aid, and further the work of the Church of England or of any Diocese, Deanery or Parish thereof".
From 2012, the fund's objectives are to help the Church of England to:
- Develop its capacity to engage with the whole community through supporting innovative use of resources.
- Help transform areas of greatest need and opportunity.
- Grow spiritually and numerically.
Funding of between 10% and 75% of the total project costs will be awarded in the following categories:
- Theme One: Neighbourhood Renewal - Grants of between £10,000-£20,000.
- Theme Two: Church Growth - Grants of between £10,000-£20,000.
- Theme Three: Community Engagement Replication - Larger Grants of over £20,000 will be awarded to a handful of successful applicants under this theme each year.
The next deadlines for projects under Themes 1 & 2 are 30 June 2015 and 30 September 2015.